Become a Jefunira Camp Counselor
We are excited that you are thinking about joining the Jefunira Camp Team. There’s a misconception that spending a summer working at camp will only benefit you if you’re headed towards a career as a teacher or a similar youth development job. That’s simply not true. Being a summer camp counselor and working with children provides the opportunity to develop numerous skills that will benefit you in any future profession.
What we Offer
A meaningful summer experience
Skills that today’s employers are seeking such as
What we Ask
- High School graduate
- Must have a clear criminal history as verified by Livescan background check
- Ability to interact with all age and ability levels
- Ability to function effectively within a team setting
- Must have strong verbal communication skills
- Must meet all “physical aspects of the job” listed below
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in the direction, supervision, and organization of campers
- Participate in the development and implementation of activities for campers
- Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff
- Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and behavior
- Represent the camp when interacting with parents or community members
Dates and Times
- Jefunira Camp runs from June 8 – July 31
- Monday – Friday, 8A – 4P
Are you interested in being a Jefunira Camp Junior Counselor?
Dear Junior Counselor Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in a Junior Counselor position with Jefunira Camp. Much of our success is due to the work of our incredible staff. We are glad that you are interested in joining our group of creative, energetic and compassionate team members.
The Jefunira Camp Junior Counselor position is a volunteer position. You may choose to volunteer for one or more sessions. The application process consists of a written application, found below, and an interview. All Junior Counselors must also attend a pre session training. Dates will be determined in the spring.
The responsibilities of Junior Counselors are many and varied. As a Junior Counselor, you will be working with a group of three counselors to help manage, engage and entertain a camper group. Junior Counselors will also work with the site directors to ensure the each day runs smoothly. And we will make sure you get a chance to enjoy all of the fun that is Jefunira Camp!!
We hope that this will be your first step towards becoming a counselor at Jefunira Camp.