Become a Jefunira Camp Counselor
We are excited that you are thinking about joining the Jefunira Team. There’s a misconception that spending a summer working at camp will only benefit you if you’re headed towards a career in youth development. That’s simply not true. Being a summer camp counselor and working with children provides the opportunity to develop numerous skills that will benefit you in any future profession. And it’s fun!
What we Offer
A meaningful summer experience
Skills that today’s employers are seeking such as
What we Ask
- High School graduate
- Clear criminal history as verified by Livescan background check
- Ability to interact with all age and ability levels of campers
- Ability to function effectively within a team setting
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Must meet all physical aspects of the job
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in the direction, supervision, and organization of campers
- Participate in the development and implementation of activities
- Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities
- Be a role model in your attitude and behavior
- Represent the camp when interacting with parents and community members
Dates and Times
- Jefunira Camp runs from June 5 – July 28
- Monday – Friday, 8A – 4P
Are you interested in our Junior Counselor Program?
The goal of our Junior Counselor program is to give you an opportunity to develop the skills that are needed to become an excellent counselor: leadership, responsibility, communication, empathy, organization, and more. To apply for the program, please have your adult complete a camper application and select the sessions you would like to attend. Junior Counselors can enroll for one session or multiple sessions.
We hope that this will be your first step towards becoming a counselor at Jefunira Camp.